Finally The Great News has arrived for the Parents like me who are worried for their Child’s Nursery Admission 2017-18. Directorate of Education has issued a circular regarding Nursery Admission in Private Unaided Schools of Delhi for the session 2017-18.
The Notice issued by DoE has made me really happy like a child who hopes for good results. Some of the points that I want to share with other parents regarding Nursery School Admission are:
1. Schedule for Nursery School Admission 2017-18: 2nd January 2017 has been the date decided for the commencement of the Admission Process. On the same date, Admission Forms will also be available to Parents seeking Nursery Admission for their kids. Last Date for submitted the Admission Form would be 23rd January 2017. The closure of whole admission process will be till 31st March 2017.
2. EWS Category Students: According to RTE, 25% of the total seats are reserved for EWS Category Children.
3. Why 16th-18th February is Important? As per School’s criteria, these 3 days will be kept for answering the queries of parents related to Admission in Nursery to Best Schools in Delhi.
4. Admission Criteria By Schools: Individually Each School’s Admission Criteria will be uploaded on Doe Website, and school’s portal. For any other Admission Assistance, Parents can contact Justdakhila.com
5.Know About Laws related to Nursery School Admission 2017-18: No school can demand Donation/Capitation Fees during Admission. Performing this will lead to punishment. Secondly,Buying Prospectus is not mandatory for Parents.
6. No Separate Admission Process : DoE has ordered that Montessori/Preschools run by same society or trust shall be deemed as one institution for all purposes.
7. Age Limit for School Admission in Delhi: DoE has defined the minimum age of 3 years by 31st march of the year in which admission is sought.There is no such bar for the upper limit.
8. Number of Available Seats: Number of Seats sorted for admission at Entry level should not be less than previous year.
9.Documents Required Valid as proof of Address: Some of the documents required for Nursery School Admission are:
a) Ration Card issued in the name of parents(Mother/Father having name of Child)
b) Domicile Certificate of child or of his/her parent.
c)Voter-ID Card(EPIC) of any of the parent.
d)Electricity/Water Bill issued in the name of any of the parent.
e)Aadhar Card/UID Card issued in the name of any of the parent.
10. No Manual Admission Processing for EWS: The Draw of List or any process for EWS Admission will be computerized.
Hope, These 10 Points help all the parents who were waiting for Admission Notification for 2017-18.
For better understanding and questions related to nursery admission , read the experience shared by niharika sachdeva here – Frequently Asked Question
DoE has come up with the changes in Schedule for Delhi Nursery Admissions, Read here- Nursery Admission in Delhi 2017-18 – Part II